Can I have multiple body contouring procedures at one time?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Patients may have multiple areas sculpted at one time.  In fact, patients often have breast augmentation with lifts, abdominoplasties with liposuction of hips, inner and outer thighs.  I perform these mommy makeovers in patients in well less than 5 hours of surgery under general anesthesia and it is safe to undergo multiple sculpting areas on patients who are healthy, who have had preoperative clearances, and who have general anesthesia times under 5 hours.

Tara Whitworth
Nursing
Some procedures are safe to combine. For example, many patients choose to have a breast augmentation or lift along with a tummy tuck. You should talk to your doctor if you are interesting in having multiple body contouring procedures.

Continue Learning about Body Contouring

What criteria must be met before contouring surgery can begin?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Patients who desire contouring surgery such as removal of skin, as well as lipodystrophy, should mak...
What are the risks of having the Zerona procedure?
Jame K. Heskett, MDJame K. Heskett, MD
Watch as Women's Health and Anti-Aging Expert Dr. Jamé Heskett explains the risks involved in ha...
What Is the Coolsculpting Procedure for Fat Loss?
What Are the Risks of Having the Zerona Procedure?