Screening and testing of donated blood have made blood transfusion very safe, but may not prevent all problems. If you have ever had a reaction to a transfusion in the past, tell your doctor or nurse right away.
- Q Where does the blood for transfusions come from?
- Q Why would a person need a red blood cell transfusion?
- Q What are leukocyte-reduced blood transfusions?
- Q Do anesthesiologists administer blood transfusions?
- Q Is it safe to get a blood transfusion?
- Q Are blood transfusions used in cardiac surgery?