Screening and testing of donated blood have made blood transfusion very safe, but may not prevent all problems. If you have ever had a reaction to a transfusion in the past, tell your doctor or nurse right away.
- Q Is a blood transfusion from a volunteer donor for cancer treatment safe?
- Q Why would my doctor recommend a blood transfusion?
- Q What are leukocyte-reduced blood transfusions?
- Q Why would a person need a red blood cell transfusion?
- Q Who might need a blood transfusion?
- Q How safe are blood transfusions for children?