Screening and testing of donated blood have made blood transfusion very safe, but may not prevent all problems. If you have ever had a reaction to a transfusion in the past, tell your doctor or nurse right away.
- Q What do I need to know about blood transfusions for my baby in the NICU?
- Q Do people need blood transfusions because of surgical complications?
- Q What is a blood transfusion?
- Q What is different between whole blood and blood components transfusion?
- Q Which blood component is used in blood transfusion?
- Q Are blood transfusions used in cardiac surgery?