Screening and testing of donated blood have made blood transfusion very safe, but may not prevent all problems. If you have ever had a reaction to a transfusion in the past, tell your doctor or nurse right away.
- Q What are leukocyte-reduced blood transfusions?
- Q What are blood conservation strategies?
- Q Why would an individual need a platelet transfusion?
- Q Why would a person need a red blood cell transfusion?
- Q How are platelets obtained for transfusion?
- Q Are blood transfusions used in cardiac surgery?