Screening and testing of donated blood have made blood transfusion very safe, but may not prevent all problems. If you have ever had a reaction to a transfusion in the past, tell your doctor or nurse right away.
- Q Is a blood transfusion from a volunteer donor for cancer treatment safe?
- Q What are leukocyte-reduced blood transfusions?
- Q Do people need blood transfusions because of surgical complications?
- Q What is different between whole blood and blood components transfusion?
- Q Do anesthesiologists administer blood transfusions?
- Q Why would an individual need a platelet transfusion?