Screening and testing of donated blood have made blood transfusion very safe, but may not prevent all problems. If you have ever had a reaction to a transfusion in the past, tell your doctor or nurse right away.
- Q What is different between whole blood and blood components transfusion?
- Q What are leukocyte-reduced blood transfusions?
- Q Which blood component is used in blood transfusion?
- Q Do anesthesiologists administer blood transfusions?
- Q Why would my doctor recommend a blood transfusion?
- Q How are platelets obtained for transfusion?