Albumin human, USP, 25% solution is an injectable medication containing the protein albumin in a concentration of 25%. It is obtained from human blood, plasma and serum pooled from many donors. USP is the abbreviation for United States Pharmacopeia, the organization that sets standards for medications in the United States. Albumin is used to increase plasma volume to maintain cardiac output in shock due to low blood volume, replace albumin lost by burn patients, and in cardiopulmonary bypass during cardiac surgery. It is also used for treatment of low blood albumin levels (called hypoalbuminemia) if the cause of low albumin has been corrected.
- Q Who should not use Albumin Human, USP, 25% Solution?
- Q What should I know about Albumin Human, USP, 25% Solution before using it?
- Q Who should not use Albumin (Human)?
- Q What are the side effects of Albumin (Human)?
- Q What is Albumin (Human) 5% Solution?
- Q What should I know about Albumin 5% Solution before using it?