Albumin 25% solution is given intravenously. Because this product has to be slowly infused into the veins, it is given in a hospital or clinic. The dose depends on the weight of the patient and how sick he is. Transfusions of albumin 25% solution are most commonly given to prevent or treat low blood volume.
- Q Why would the doctor order albumin?
- Q Is it safe to receive albumin 25% solution if I'm pregnant?
- Q Albumin 25% solution comes from human plasma, so can I get sick from it?
- Q Is it safe to take albumin if I am pregnant?
- Q Can I take albumin 25% solution if I am breastfeeding?
- Q Could I have an allergic reaction to albumin?