Should I tell my child's school about a hemorrhaging disorder?

If your child has a hemorrhaging disorder, you should tell the school your child goes to. The school nurse should know that your child has the disorder in order to properly treat an injury. Also, a school nurse may be able to administer replacement therapy so that the child doesn't miss school because of frequent trips to the doctor for therapy. Otherwise, the school should understand why the child is missing school.

Continue Learning about Blood Diseases

Why ITP Causes Bleeding and Bruising Symptoms
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a disease where antibodies attack platelets, small blood cells that are vital to the healthy function of the blood an...
Safety Tips When Living With ITP and Low Platelets
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a rare disorder that causes low platelet counts. If you have ITP, the most important step to protecting your health i...
Are there alternative therapies for chronic myeloproliferative disorders?
Alternative therapies offer unconventional ways to treat disease and are used in place of traditiona...
What is essential thrombocythemia, a type of chronic MPD?
Essential thrombocythemia is one of the six types of chronic myeloproliferative disorders (MPD). In ...