Should I take precautions if I have a hemorrhaging disorder?

If you have a hemorrhaging disorder, you should take precautions against even minor injuries. Any injury that causes a blood vessel to be damaged could lead to excessive bleeding. Exercise regularly to maintain healthy joints, but use protective gear for physical activities and avoid contact sports. It is also important to have preventive treatment regularly and treat any injuries as soon as possible. Have adequate dental care since lapses in care can lead to bleeding gums.

Continue Learning about Blood Diseases

Why ITP Causes Bleeding and Bruising Symptoms
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a disease where antibodies attack platelets, small blood cells that are vital to the healthy function of the blood an...
Safety Tips When Living With ITP and Low Platelets
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a rare disorder that causes low platelet counts. If you have ITP, the most important step to protecting your health i...
Who treats chronic myeloproliferative disorders?
Chronic myeloproliferative disorders are treated by a team of specialists. The types of specialists ...
What are myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases?
Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases share characteristics with both myelodysplastic syndrome...