How are chronic myeloproliferative disorders related to acute leukemia?

Some cases of chronic myeloproliferative disorders can develop into acute leukemia. Acute leukemia is a fast-growing cancer that produces an excessive number of white blood cells. It develops in blood-forming tissue such as bone marrow and the lymphatic system. Acute leukemia is an advanced stage of this disease, but all types of leukemia are treatable.

Continue Learning about Blood Diseases

Why ITP Causes Bleeding and Bruising Symptoms
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a disease where antibodies attack platelets, small blood cells that are vital to the healthy function of the blood an...
Safety Tips When Living With ITP and Low Platelets
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a rare disorder that causes low platelet counts. If you have ITP, the most important step to protecting your health i...
What is the prognosis for postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) may follow a relapsing-remitting course, in which s...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hemorrhaging symptoms?
If you are experiencing symptoms or have a family history of a hemorrhaging disorder, you should tal...