What is an embolus?

An embolus is part of a larger blood clot that breaks off, travels through the blood vessels, gets stuck, and stops the blood supply. This animation explains the movements of emboli.

Continue Learning about Blood Clot (Thrombus)

5 Simple Steps To Improve Circulation in Your Legs
What does the shape of your hips or belly have to do with the health of your legs? Turns out, quite a bit. One study showed that during extended trav...
How can I lower my risk for blood clots?
There are many ways people can help lower their risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and blood clo...
What exercises help prevent blood clots?
Whether you're laid up in bed recovering from surgery or on a long flight or car ride, these exe...
Summer Road Trip Safety
Summer Road Trip Safety