What is a lipase blood test used for?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
A lipase blood test is often ordered to diagnose and monitor pancreatitis and other pancreatic disorders.

Continue Learning about Blood Basics

Step Up: Take Your Blood Pressure Meds and Save Your Life
Q: How can I convince my husband to take his high blood pressure medicine? Help! Katie J., Sioux Falls, SD A: Katie, you’re right to be concerned—un...
Uncle Sam Needs You! To Donate Your Blood
Giving blood to people who desperately need it is an essential part of modern medicine. The first documented vascular transfusion came in 1667 when a ...
Can I donate blood if I have a pacemaker?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If you have a pacemaker, you may donate as long as your pulse is between 50 and 100 beats per minute...
Should I wait to donate blood if I have received a vaccination?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
You may donate blood if you were vaccinated for influenza, tetanus or meningitis, providing you are ...