Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.
- Q Why are red blood cells wider than white blood cells?
- Q How often can I donate blood?
- Q Do I have to wait to donate blood if I have just had surgery?
- Q What is meant by pre-storage leukocyte-reduced red blood cells?
- Q Can I donate blood if I have used intravenous drugs?
- Q Is it likely that your child would need his or her cord blood?