Your bloating may go away, depending on the cause. Bloating is usually caused by excess gas from an inability to digest certain foods. Stress, smoking, or swallowing too much air can also cause bloating. Talk to your doctor about changing your diet and lifestyle to help alleviate your bloating.
- Q What is the difference between bloating and distension?
- Q What is bloating?
- Q How does an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine cause bloating?
- Q How do medications treat bloating?
- Q Does bloating affect women differently than men?
- Q What causes excessive bloating?