What increases my risk for bloating?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Your risk for bloating can be increased by a variety of factors. Eating certain foods that are hard for your body to digest, such as beans, broccoli, dairy products, fatty foods, and cabbage is the most common risks factor for bloating. Other behaviors that may increase your chances of bloating include smoking, swallowing too much air, or stress.

Continue Learning about Bloating

What is bloating?
Bloating is a condition of excess gas in the body in which a person's abdomen is enlarged. As a resu...
Should I talk to my doctor about my bloating symptoms?
Bloating is usually not a serious condition. However, you should talk to your doctor if you make the...
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
Learn how to ease bloating and flatten your belly.
Why Should I Avoid Artificial Sweetener If I Want to Reduce Belly Bloating?