Should I talk to my doctor about my bloating symptoms?

Bloating is usually not a serious condition. However, you should talk to your doctor if you make the recommended changes to your diet and your bloating doesn't go away. You should also talk to your doctor if you have any other digestive system complications. These can include pain in your abdomen or rectum, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, bloody stool, fever, heartburn, or unexplained weight loss. Any of these symptoms along with bloating may be an indication of a more serious underlying condition.

Continue Learning about Bloating

Why is bloating a symptom women over 40 should not ignore?
Few women are strangers to this uncomfortable feeling of bloating; it often signals the arrival of y...
Does bloating affect women differently than men?
Bloating can affect women differently than men. Bloating is caused by excess gas in the intestin...
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
Learn how to ease bloating and flatten your belly.
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?