The main treatment option for bloating is to avoid foods that are hard to digest. However, sometimes bloating can be caused by constipation, and in those cases you can take laxatives to treat your underlying condition. Other medications, such as simethicone, Lactaid, or Beano, may be able to help dissolve the gas that causes bloating.
- Q How does food intolerance lead to bloating?
- Q Does bloating run in families?
- Q How can I reduce stomach bloating when I eat lentils?
- Q What should I do if I am a woman over 40 and have bloating?
- Q What foods can cause stomach bloating?
- Q What is abdominal bloating?