The main treatment option for bloating is to avoid foods that are hard to digest. However, sometimes bloating can be caused by constipation, and in those cases you can take laxatives to treat your underlying condition. Other medications, such as simethicone, Lactaid, or Beano, may be able to help dissolve the gas that causes bloating.
- Q What should I do if I am a woman over 40 and have bloating?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with bloating?
- Q What foods should I eat to reduce bloating?
- Q What is dyspepsia?
- Q What is the main treatment option for bloating?
- Q How can constipation lead to bloating?