How do medications treat bloating?

The main treatment option for bloating is to avoid foods that are hard to digest. However, sometimes bloating can be caused by constipation, and in those cases you can take laxatives to treat your underlying condition. Other medications, such as simethicone, Lactaid, or Beano, may be able to help dissolve the gas that causes bloating.

Continue Learning about Bloating

Is there a cure for bloating?
Bloating can be caused by food intolerance. Your digestive system may be unable to process some ...
How can digestive enzymes help prevent stomach bloating?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Digestive enzymes can help break down protein, fiber and other components of food and help decrease ...
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
Learn how to ease bloating and flatten your belly.
Why Should I Avoid Artificial Sweetener If I Want to Reduce Belly Bloating?