The main treatment option for bloating is to avoid foods that are hard to digest. However, sometimes bloating can be caused by constipation, and in those cases you can take laxatives to treat your underlying condition. Other medications, such as simethicone, Lactaid, or Beano, may be able to help dissolve the gas that causes bloating.
- Q Why is bloating a symptom women over 40 should not ignore?
- Q Can bloating be prevented?
- Q Does bloating affect women differently than men?
- Q How is bloating diagnosed?
- Q Does bloating run in families?
- Q What should I do if I am a woman over 40 and have bloating?