Does bloating run in families?

Bloating is not a genetic disorder, so it does not run in families. Bloating is an enlarged abdomen caused by excess gas. Bloating is commonly caused by particular foods like beans or Brussels sprouts, or it may be caused by simple things like swallowing air or weight gain.

Continue Learning about Bloating

How do medications treat bloating?
The main treatment option for bloating is to avoid foods that are hard to digest. However, sometimes...
How can digestive enzymes help prevent stomach bloating?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Digestive enzymes can help break down protein, fiber and other components of food and help decrease ...
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
Learn how to ease bloating and flatten your belly.
What Foods Should I Eat to Reduce Bloating?