Does bloating affect children differently than adults?

Children can experience bloating in the same way that adults do. Usually gas is not serious, although it can be painful. But many children have food intolerances. These children are unable to digest the sugar or protein in certain foods, especially dairy products and wheat, which causes bloating. Sometimes their bloating is accompanied by pain and/or changes in bowel habits. Bloating in children is typically treated the same way as bloating in adults.

Continue Learning about Bloating

Can bloating be caused by other illnesses?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Bloating can be caused by other illnesses. If bloating occurs on its own (for example, if there has ...
How are lactose intolerance and bloating related?
If you feel bloated after eating or drinking dairy products, they may be related. You may be lactose...
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating4 Surprising Causes of Belly Bloating
Learn how to ease bloating and flatten your belly.
How Do I Treat Gas and Bloating If I Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?