What are the risks of laser blepharoplasty surgery?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Some surgeons use the laser to perform blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). The laser is a tool, like a knife or a scissors. It can be used to perform nearly any operation, but most honest surgeons agree that it slows operations and adds risk. Lasers cause a heat injury that results in increased healing time. And when used in a blepharoplasty, it could perforate the eyeball. Surgeons who do laser blepharoplasties will admit in the locker room that they use it as a marketing ploy for their practice.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Blepharoplasty Or Eyelid Surgery

When should I go for eye lid lift?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
If your eyelids are drooping, especially to the point that they interfere with your vision, you may ...
How should I care for myself after browlift or eyelid surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Post-operative care after a browlift or eyelid surgery includes ice compression, tapered steroids, a...
What is blepharoplasty?
What is blepharoplasty?
Who is a good candidate for eyelid surgery?