How do I prepare for browlift or eyelid surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
During your pre-operative consultation you should review all post-operative instructions with the surgeon. Refrain from blood thinners and anti-clotting medications including aspirin, advil, ibuprofen, alcohol, and herbal products. Have your pain medications and antibiotics filled prior to your surgery. Arrange for driver to surgery, home after the procedure, and the next day for post-operative visit. Sutures may remain in for 5-7 days and then be removed in the office. 
Daniel Kapp
Daniel Kapp on behalf of MDLIVE
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
The best way to prepare for brow or eyelid lift surgery is to maintain a healthy diet. As with all cosmetic surgeries, notify your physician if you are taking aspirin or aspirin-containing products as these can lead to excess bleeding during the time of surgery. Physicians liked these products to be stopped a minimum of 7-10 days prior to any surgical procedure. However, consult your prescribing physician before discontinuing any medications as they may be required for other health reasons.

Continue Learning about Blepharoplasty Or Eyelid Surgery

What are the risks of laser blepharoplasty surgery?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Some surgeons use the laser to perform blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). The laser is a tool, lik...
What should I know if I'm considering blepharoplasty?
Jeremy P. Warner, MDJeremy P. Warner, MD
Before receiving blepharoplasty consider nonsurgical options and surgical options. Within surgical o...
Who is a good candidate for eyelid surgery?
How can vision be affected after cosmetic eyelid surgery?