What causes hemorrhaging?

Hemorrhaging is caused by the blood's inability to form clots. Normally, when blood vessels are injured and bleed, the blood is able to react by having blood platelets stick together and form a clot that stops the bleeding. When blood platelets are unable to do this in a normal way, excessive bleeding may occur even from a slight injury.

Continue Learning about Bleeding (Hemorrhage)

Should I exercise if I have a hemorrhaging disorder?
Regular exercise may be beneficial if you have a hemorrhaging disorder. The joints may be particular...
What is hemorrhaging?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Hemorrhaging is the uncontrollable loss of blood that results from cutting healthy arteries. Early a...
How does hemorrhaging affect the body?
Hemorrhaging caused by the disorders that prevent the formation of blood clots can affect the body i...
What Is the Risk Associated with Deep Brain Stimulation?