How does hemorrhaging affect the body?

Hemorrhaging caused by the disorders that prevent the formation of blood clots can affect the body in many ways. How the body is affected may depend on the type of disorder and the extent to which the body is able to form blood clots that stop bleeding. Bleeding can occur externally or internally. Excessive external bleeding may cause unexplained bruises and bleeding on the skin, excessive nosebleeds, and too much bleeding from a small injury. Excessive internal bleeding may cause bleeding in the internal organs, joints, and brain, causing muscle and joint pain and headaches.

Continue Learning about Bleeding (Hemorrhage)

What causes hemorrhaging?
Hemorrhaging is caused by the blood's inability to form clots. Normally, when blood vessels are inju...
What is mild, moderate and severe bleeding?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Mild bleeding describes an everyday occurrence – a small cut from a slipped knife or from shaving, o...
Should I exercise if I have a hemorrhaging disorder?
Regular exercise may be beneficial if you have a hemorrhaging disorder. The joints may be particular...
What Is the Risk Associated with Deep Brain Stimulation?