Does my heredity play a role in hemorrhaging disorders?

Yes, heredity can play a role in hemorrhaging or, as they are more commonly called, blood-clotting disorders. The most common inherited clotting disorders are hemophilia A and hemophilia B. Clotting disorders can be acquired and caused by vitamin K deficiency, liver disease and inappropriate dosing of anticoagulation with warfarin or heparin.

Continue Learning about Bleeding (Hemorrhage)

How does hemorrhaging affect the body?
Hemorrhaging caused by the disorders that prevent the formation of blood clots can affect the body i...
Should I exercise if I have a hemorrhaging disorder?
Regular exercise may be beneficial if you have a hemorrhaging disorder. The joints may be particular...
What causes hemorrhaging?
Hemorrhaging is caused by the blood's inability to form clots. Normally, when blood vessels are inju...
What Is the Risk Associated with Deep Brain Stimulation?