Advertisement

Why is bladder cancer treatment so expensive for patients?

While 20% of bladder cancers grow deeper, the other 80% stays on the surface. The only way to know if it’s coming back or growing is to look inside using a camera. We have to do this every three months for the life of the patient. If we can remove it before the cancer ever comes back, like we’re able to do with Cysview® and Blue-Light Cystoscopy, we can greatly reduce the need for routine surveillance and therefore decrease other healthcare costs for bladder cancer.

Continue Learning about Bladder Cancer Treatment

Can the genetically engineered virus G0070 treat bladder cancer?
Karim Chamie, MDKarim Chamie, MD
A clinical trial using a genetically engineered virus called CG0070 is underway to treat patients wi...
More Answers
What is chemotherapy bladder instillation?
Evan P. Pisick, MDEvan P. Pisick, MD
Chemotherapy bladder instillation is used at times after a procedure known as a transurethral resect...
More Answers
What Is the Survival Rate for Bladder Cancer?
What Is the Survival Rate for Bladder Cancer?
How Is Bladder Cancer Treated?
How Is Bladder Cancer Treated?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.