How should I prepare for chemotherapy bladder instillation?

Chemotherapy bladder instillation (chemotherapy instilled in the bladder at intervals to treat or prevent recurring bladder tumors) is done as an outpatient procedure. The day of your procedure you should eat normally and take your usual medications. Limit the liquid you drink to 2 cups. A urinalysis is needed before each treatment, so obtain a urine specimen when you check into the clinic. Blood tests are sometimes needed before treatment. Your doctor or nurse will tell you if these are needed.

Continue Learning about Bladder Cancer Treatment

When should I call my doctor if I have bladder cancer?
You should call your doctor if you have symptoms of bladder cancer and have not been diagnosed, if y...
Are there alternative treatments for bladder cancer?
Alternative treatments aren't available for treating bladder cancer. The best thing to do is to seek...
How Is Trans-Urethral Resection Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
Where Are We In the War on Bladder Cancer?