Why is it difficult to diagnose fetal alcohol syndrome?

Diagnosing fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) can be hard because there is no medical test, like a blood test, for it. And other disorders, such as ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder) and Williams syndrome, have some symptoms like FAS.

Continue Learning about Birth Defects

What is breast aplasia?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Breast aplasia (amastia) is a rare condition in which the normal growth of the breast or nipple ...
How are cleft lip and cleft palate treated?
Cleft lip and cleft palate can be surgically treated. After the cleft lip and cleft palate have been...
What is Klippel-Feil syndrome (KFS)?
Klippel-Feil Syndrome (KFS) is a rare disorder characterized by the congenital fusion of any two of ...
How can I help prevent a birth defect in my baby if I am pregnant?
The number one way to prevent birth defects in your baby when you are pregnant is to get regular pre...