Many cystic hygromas are found during routine ultrasounds. If your doctor notices that your child has a cystic hygroma, more tests, such as an amniocentesis or further ultrasounds, may be recommended. These tests are important because many cases of cystic hygromas in fetuses are a sign of another birth defect or disorders.
- Q How do cystic hygromas affect children differently than adults?
- Q Are cystic hygromas serious for children?
- Q How do common illnesses affect people with cystic hygromas?
- Q How do cystic hygromas affect the body?
- Q What is a cystic hygroma?
- Q Can cystic hygromas have any complications?