What can I do if I can't tolerate treatment with the contraceptive pill?

With advances in minimally invasive operative technology, in addition to procedures that have been performed for many years, definitive surgical treatment is available to some women. However, not every person is an ideal surgical candidate; for those women as well as those who want to avoid surgery, a different version of the Pill (or a different delivery method of the combined hormones) may be a viable alternative.

Continue Learning about Birth Control

Is Over-the-Counter Birth Control the Best Bet for Women?
It’s always been easy to pop into your local pharmacy to pick up things like cosmetics, cotton balls and first aid supplies. And now, thanks to laws ...
How do copper IUDs work?
Copper IUDs (intrauterine devices) work in two ways. The copper in the IUD makes it difficult for sp...
How soon can I get pregnant after birth control?
Methodist Stone Oak HospitalMethodist Stone Oak Hospital
Stay on your birth control pills until you’re ready to get pregnant. Dependent upon your menstrual h...
What Are the Possible Risks of Using an Intrauterine Device (IUD)?