How soon can I get pregnant after birth control?

Stay on your birth control pills until you’re ready to get pregnant. Dependent upon your menstrual history before starting the pill, ovulatory cycles can return and your body will start producing hormones in as soon as four to six weeks.

Continue Learning about Birth Control

News: Study Says Birth Control May Not Be Linked to Depression
In potentially good news for women on hormonal birth control, a February 2018 study published in the journal Contraception found depression was not li...
What can I expect if I change birth-control methods?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
It depends on what you are changing from and to. If you are changing from a barrier method to the pi...
What side effects can a copper IUD cause?
For the first few months after you have a copper IUD inserted you may feel some menstrual pain, ...
How Can I Decide What Method of Birth Control to Use?