This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q What are some benefits of monophasic birth control pills?
- Q What are the long-term benefits of the contraceptive pill?
- Q Is it safe to take active contraceptive pills continuously?
- Q How do birth control pills affect menstruation?
- Q How does taking birth control pills for a long time affect my fertility?
- Q What are the types of birth control pills (BCPs)?