This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q Can the contraceptive pill treat period problems?
- Q How can I get birth control pills?
- Q What are common side effects of using birth control pills?
- Q Are birth control pills the same as hormone replacement therapy?
- Q What side effects of birth control pills require medical attention?
- Q What types of oral contraceptives are available in the United States?