This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q What are the long-term benefits of the contraceptive pill?
- Q What are side effects for missing a pill of birth control?
- Q What types of oral contraceptives are available in the United States?
- Q Can birth control pills cause weight loss?
- Q What side effects of birth control pills require medical attention?
- Q How do birth control pills work?