This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q Can low dose birth control pills help menopause symptoms?
- Q Should I be concerned if I miss a period while on the pill?
- Q Can taking birth control pills during pregnancy affect my baby?
- Q How can birth control pills help me later in life?
- Q Do birth control pills shrink fibroid tumors?
- Q Why do I miss periods on the pill?