What is a euthymic state in bipolar disorder?

The mood state that we want a bipolar person to spend as much time as possible in is the euthymic state, which translates from Latin into "true mood" or normal mood. A stable and consistent normal mood is desirable and when we track mood states during the course of treatment it is important to note how much of the time the patient is feeling normal, not just how long they are in the altered mood states.

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder Shortens Lives
Bipolar Disorder Shortens Lives
There’s no question that bipolar disorder takes a serious toll on a person’s life. It can damage relationships, affect work and school performance, ev...
How can I help my friend who may have bipolar disorder?
If you think a friend may have bipolar disorder, encourage him to see a doctor. Getting a diagnosis ...
What should I do when my partner with bipolar disorder overspends?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
There are some steps you will need to take to protect yourself when your bipolar partner's mania...
What Is the Definition of Bipolar Disorder?