What is the rate of incidence for bipolar disorder?

Less than 4 percent of people in the United States experiences a kind of bipolar disorder. Men and women are equally likely to be diagnosed with bipolar disorder. The manifestation of symptoms, however, does vary within the affected population; women are more likely to have depressive episodes, while men are more likely to have manic episodes.

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder

Tips for Choosing the Right Therapist for Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder is one of the most prevalent mood disorders in America. With many people undiagnosed, misdiagnosed, or underdiagnosed, exact numbers ...
How can I help my adult child with bipolar disorder?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Here are some ways you can help an adult child with bipolar disorder: remember to treat your chi...
What does co-morbidity mean with bipolar disorder?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
The term co-morbidity simply refers to having more than one illness at the same time. So if a person...
Can a Child Develop Bipolar Disorder?
Can a Child Develop Bipolar Disorder?