There is no cure for bipolar II disorder. The imbalances in the brain cannot be permanently reversed and people who do not effectively treat their symptoms go on to have more episodes. A regimen of medication and preventative measures like adequate sleep and regular exercise can keep bipolar episodes to a minimum. A combination of medication including mood balancers, a healthy lifestyle that avoids non-medical drugs and alcohol, and cognitive and behavioral therapy is the most effective form of lifelong bipolar treatment.
- Q What is the rate of incidence for bipolar II disorder?
- Q What is bipolar II disorder?
- Q What are the symptoms of bipolar II disorder?
- Q How is bipolar II disorder diagnosed?
- Q What should I know to care for someone with bipolar II disorder?
- Q How does therapy treat bipolar II disorder?