There is no cure for bipolar II disorder. The imbalances in the brain cannot be permanently reversed and people who do not effectively treat their symptoms go on to have more episodes. A regimen of medication and preventative measures like adequate sleep and regular exercise can keep bipolar episodes to a minimum. A combination of medication including mood balancers, a healthy lifestyle that avoids non-medical drugs and alcohol, and cognitive and behavioral therapy is the most effective form of lifelong bipolar treatment.
- Q Can bipolar II disorder cause other illnesses?
- Q Can bipolar disorder II cause hallucinations?
- Q What are the treatment options for bipolar II disorder?
- Q Are bipolar II and cyclothymic disorder treated the same?
- Q How does therapy treat bipolar II disorder?
- Q What do I do if my bipolar II disorder does not improve with medications?