There is no cure for bipolar II disorder. The imbalances in the brain cannot be permanently reversed and people who do not effectively treat their symptoms go on to have more episodes. A regimen of medication and preventative measures like adequate sleep and regular exercise can keep bipolar episodes to a minimum. A combination of medication including mood balancers, a healthy lifestyle that avoids non-medical drugs and alcohol, and cognitive and behavioral therapy is the most effective form of lifelong bipolar treatment.
- Q Are bipolar II and cyclothymic disorder treated the same?
- Q Can untreated bipolar II disorder cause problems?
- Q Must I take treatments for bipolar II hypomania?
- Q Is exercise important for bipolar II disorder?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for bipolar II disorder?
- Q How do medications treat bipolar II disorder?