There is no cure for bipolar II disorder. The imbalances in the brain cannot be permanently reversed and people who do not effectively treat their symptoms go on to have more episodes. A regimen of medication and preventative measures like adequate sleep and regular exercise can keep bipolar episodes to a minimum. A combination of medication including mood balancers, a healthy lifestyle that avoids non-medical drugs and alcohol, and cognitive and behavioral therapy is the most effective form of lifelong bipolar treatment.
- Q What questions will my doctor ask about my bipolar II disorder?
- Q How does therapy treat bipolar II disorder?
- Q How is bipolar II disorder diagnosed?
- Q What should I know to care for someone with bipolar II disorder?
- Q Can bipolar disorder II cause hallucinations?
- Q How do medications treat bipolar II disorder?