There is no cure for bipolar II disorder. The imbalances in the brain cannot be permanently reversed and people who do not effectively treat their symptoms go on to have more episodes. A regimen of medication and preventative measures like adequate sleep and regular exercise can keep bipolar episodes to a minimum. A combination of medication including mood balancers, a healthy lifestyle that avoids non-medical drugs and alcohol, and cognitive and behavioral therapy is the most effective form of lifelong bipolar treatment.
- Q How do I find out whether I have bipolar II disorder?
- Q What are the treatment options for bipolar II disorder?
- Q How common is bipolar II disorder?
- Q What lifestyle habits are important for bipolar II disorder?
- Q Can untreated bipolar II disorder cause problems?
- Q What should I know to care for someone with bipolar II disorder?