There is no cure for bipolar II disorder. The imbalances in the brain cannot be permanently reversed and people who do not effectively treat their symptoms go on to have more episodes. A regimen of medication and preventative measures like adequate sleep and regular exercise can keep bipolar episodes to a minimum. A combination of medication including mood balancers, a healthy lifestyle that avoids non-medical drugs and alcohol, and cognitive and behavioral therapy is the most effective form of lifelong bipolar treatment.
- Q Are bipolar II and cyclothymic disorder treated the same?
- Q Can bipolar II disorder cause other illnesses?
- Q What are the treatment options for bipolar II disorder?
- Q How can I cope with a new diagnosis of bipolar II disorder?
- Q What are the symptoms of bipolar II disorder?
- Q How does bipolar II disorder affect the body?