How can I reduce my risk of relapse if I have bipolar disorder?

Research is underway to reduce the rate of relapse in people with bipolar disorder. A new 12-session therapy program, led by trained mental health clinicians, helps to reduce the rate of relapse by helping those with the disorder to closely monitor their mood, assess their own personal triggers, and identify the early warning signs of oncoming illness. Participants in the program lowered their risk of relapse to 20% in the first year.

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder

Living With Bipolar Disorder
Living With Bipolar Disorder
In this roundtable discussion, four people living with bipolar disorder have an open and honest conversation about the challenges they’ve faced and th...
How can keeping a journal help if I have a partner with bipolar disorder?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
Keeping a journal can seem like a lot of work at first, but it is an essential part of your part...
How common is it for people with bipolar disorder to relapse?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Medication and therapy can help control the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder. However, even with these t...
Does bipolar disorder exist with other illnesses?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Unfortunately, just because you have bipolar disorder doesn't mean you're exempt from other mental h...