What are the treatment options for bipolar disorder during pregnancy?

Treatment should be multifaceted and include stress management, sleep hygiene, therapy to monitor mood states and utilize skills to manage mood swings, and careful medication decisions that weigh the risk to the fetus from medication against the risk to the fetus from a relapse in bipolar disorder.

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder Treatment

What are possible risks of vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
The risks involved in VNS therapy have more do to with convenience than health. Remember to always i...
How do I deal with bipolar disorder medication side effects?
Amanda C. Itzkoff, MDAmanda C. Itzkoff, MD
Some medications for bipolar disorder have side effects for some people, like sedation. In this vide...
How Is Bipolar Treated?
How Is Bipolar Treated?
How Do I Know If I Need to Seek Treatment for Bipolar Disorder?