What are the treatment options for bipolar disorder during pregnancy?

Treatment should be multifaceted and include stress management, sleep hygiene, therapy to monitor mood states and utilize skills to manage mood swings, and careful medication decisions that weigh the risk to the fetus from medication against the risk to the fetus from a relapse in bipolar disorder.

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder Treatment

When should I ask my doctor to change my medication for bipolar disorder?
Amanda C. Itzkoff, MDAmanda C. Itzkoff, MD
You may ask your doctor to change your bipolar depression medication if you are pregnant, still expe...
What is dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) for bipolar disorder?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a treatment that was created by Marsha Linehan in 1993 and...
How Is Bipolar Treated?
How Is Bipolar Treated?
Can a Person with Bipolar Disorder Get "Well"?