How should I track the side effects of my bipolar medications?

Ruth White, MPH
Social Work
Track your bipolar medications and their side effects in a trigger and mood tracker chart or in a journal. Remember to list whatever side effects you experience and put an x on the date you experience that symptom. For greater precision in your recording of side effects, rate the intensity of these effects on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning no experience of that side effect and 10 meaning an intolerable level. If weight gain is a side effect, track it by weighing yourself daily so that you know how much weight you're gaining and at what rate.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder Treatment

Why should bipolar disorder medications be introduced one at a time?
Thomas JensenThomas Jensen
Unless safety dictates otherwise, bipolar disorder medications should be introduced one at a time, a...
What should I do if my bipolar partner cannot work on a treatment plan?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
Your bipolar partner may be too ill to work on a holistic treatment plan with you. The solution ...
Can a Person with Bipolar Disorder Get "Well"?
How Is Bipolar Treated?
How Is Bipolar Treated?