What are the symptoms of bipolar NOS?

The symptoms of bipolar NOS (Not Otherwise Specified) cover all of the bases. You could experience rapid mood swings such as mania, hypomania, and depression. You may feel as though your mind is racing faster than Usain Bolt and you may speak a mile a minute. You may also have trouble sleeping since you are so “wired.” You may also try to do a lot of things at once, including things you typically wouldn’t or shouldn’t do (like spending a lot of money, talking to random people on the street, quitting your job, or engaging in risky sexual activity). There’s a chance you might also start believing you are Elvis or Beyonce. However, these symptoms tend to last less than a week at a time.

Talk to your doctor about any symptoms you are having that represent a change in mood or behavior.

Continue Learning about Bipolar Disorder Symptoms

Why should I know what triggers my bipolar symptoms?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
It's important to learn what triggers your bipolar symptoms so you can understand how to avoid s...
What substances can trigger bipolar disorder symptoms?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There are certain substances that bipolar disorder doesn't tolerate very well, including alcohol, re...
What lifestyle factors can trigger symptoms of bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Even though bipolar disorder is highly genetic, which means that you may have an inherent propen...
What Are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?