Why should I avoid fatigue if I have bipolar disorder?

Ruth White, MPH
Social Work
People with bipolar disorder need to decrease the likelihood of fatigue because it can trigger episodes. Furthermore, if possible, minimize fluctuations in your sleep routine, because shifts in your schedule may trigger bipolar episodes. Good sleep habits are of supreme importance when you have to sleep while others are awake.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Living With Bipolar Disorder

How can I keep track of moods that come with bipolar disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
A mood chart is a good way to help a person, a healthcare professional, and family members manage bi...
What sleep changes might trigger mania in a person with bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
The following changes in sleep pattern often trigger manic mood swings in people with bipolar di...
How can I stay positive about my relationship with my bipolar partner?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
It is human nature for people who are suffering or overwhelmed to focus primarily on what is negativ...
What support do I need if I have bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are some of the types of support you might want to investigate if you have bipolar disorder...