How should I track major life events if I have bipolar disorder?

Ruth White, MPH
Social Work
If you have bipolar disorder, track major life events in a trigger and mood tracker chart or in a journal. If you experienced a major life event, place an x in the box in the chart. For more precise recording, rate the impact this life event has had on your life by rating it from -10 to 10, with -10 meaning the most negative and 10 meaning the most positive. If this event has had a significant impact on your life, you may want to write more about it in your journal to provide you with more information about the event and how it made you feel.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Living With Bipolar Disorder

How can I educate my family about my bipolar disorder?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Providing literature on bipolar disorder will be beneficial, although explaining your experience in ...
What is voluntary hospitalization?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Hospitalization of patients is necessary to protect them from themselves or to get them properly med...
How can bipolar disorder affect my relationship with my partner?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
If it's hard to live with bipolar disorder, it's even more difficult for someone else to live wi...
How should I record my alcohol and drug use if I have bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
If you have bipolar disorder, track your use of alcohol and drugs in a trigger and mood tracker ...