How does pressure affect a person with bipolar disorder?

Ms. Julie A. Fast
Mental Health
If your partner has bipolar disorder, understand the role of pressure. Pressure is a big trigger for many people with bipolar disorder. A job with little to no pressure may be better for your partner than a creative job filled with deadlines and obligations. This has nothing to do with your partner's abilities or intelligence. It has to do with the way their brain functions. Pressure changes your partner's brain and the sooner you accept this and learn to help your partner avoid or deal with pressure, the more stable your partner can become, and the more stable your relationship will be.
Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder: Understanding and Helping Your Partner (The New Harbinger Loving Someone Series)

Maintaining a relationship is hard enough without the added challenges of your partner’s bipolar disorder symptoms. Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder offers information and step-by-step advice...

Continue Learning about Living With Bipolar Disorder

Is exercise important for controlling bipolar disorder?
Exercise can be good for the brain and body. Any type of moderate exercise will release endorphins, ...
How can I keep track of moods that come with bipolar disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
A mood chart is a good way to help a person, a healthcare professional, and family members manage bi...
How can I stabilize my moods if I have bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Recognizing triggers and tracking your moods are two of the most useful tools for stabilizing yo...
Why should I avoid fatigue if I have bipolar disorder?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
People with bipolar disorder need to decrease the likelihood of fatigue because it can trigger e...