How can I stay positive about my relationship with my bipolar partner?

Ms. Julie A. Fast
Mental Health
It is human nature for people who are suffering or overwhelmed to focus primarily on what is negative. Even in the midst of difficult times it is important to focus on the good parts of your relationship as well, especially when your situation may feel hopeless. Think of the good qualities your partner brings to you and your relationship. What do you love about your partner? What potential do you see that you know will bloom once the mood swings and your partner's symptoms have been minimized? Write about these positive aspects of your relationship in your journal and then share them with your partner.
Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder: Understanding and Helping Your Partner (The New Harbinger Loving Someone Series)

Maintaining a relationship is hard enough without the added challenges of your partner’s bipolar disorder symptoms. Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder offers information and step-by-step advice...

Continue Learning about Living With Bipolar Disorder

What does my family need to know about my bipolar disorder?
Tarique D. Periera, MDTarique D. Periera, MD
Family members should know that bipolar disorder is a lifelong disorder. In this video, Tarique Pere...
How can I deal with rejection if I have bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
To deal with the risk of rejection and stigmatization because of bipolar disorder, talk to your ...
How do I manage my bipolar disorder?
You can help yourself with bipolar disorder by being evaluated by a psychiatrist. Learn all you ...
How do I keep a medication log if I have bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Using a page in a binder, track your medications for a minimum of one month before visiting a pr...