What is tumor banking?

Tumor banking is where excess tissue from a tumor removed during surgery is preserved and stored for future study and research. This can also be known as tissue banking.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Biopsy

What is a kidney biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called a "renal biopsy," is a diagnostic test that involves removing small sam...
What is an endometrial biopsy?
Alan B. Copperman, MDAlan B. Copperman, MD
This procedure involves a biopsy of a small amount of tissue from the endometrium shortly before...
What is a colposcopy and cervical biopsy?
I have had several, so let me walk you through it. You lie down on the exam table like you do for a ...
What happens to a child before a bone marrow biopsy?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
In preparation for a bone marrow test, the child lies on her side or on her stomach on an exam bed. ...