What should I expect before a breast biopsy?

Before your breast biopsy surgery, your doctor will meet with you to describe the surgery and discuss the potential benefits, risks, and alternatives for the procedure in your unique situation. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Your discussion with your doctor is the most important part of learning about your surgery and what to expect.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Biopsy

What is a biopsy?
A biopsy is a diagnostic test in which a sample of tissue is taken from the suspected affected area....
When should I call the doctor after a muscle biopsy?
Deborah DavisDeborah Davis
The laboratory results from a muscle biopsy take about 1-2 weeks to be completed by the pathologist....
What is a breast biopsy?
Dr. Ajay K. Sahajpal, MDDr. Ajay K. Sahajpal, MD
A breast biopsy typically refers to a surgical procedure used to further work up and diagnosis a sus...
What is an endometrial biopsy?
An endometrial biopsy is used by doctors to diagnose uterine cancer. If your doctor thinks you may h...