After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q What are the types of breast cancer biopsies?
- Q How can I prevent constipation after a breast biopsy?
- Q How is a fine needle aspiration biopsy used to diagnose breast cancer?
- Q What is a stereotactic breast biopsy?
- Q What should I expect during a breast biopsy?
- Q What changes to my breast should I expect after a breast biopsy?