After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q What do the results of a breast biopsy mean?
- Q What is a stereotactic breast biopsy?
- Q What is a breast biopsy?
- Q How is a breast biopsy performed?
- Q How will I find out the results of my breast biopsy?
- Q Are there breast biopsies that do require incision or general anesthesia?