After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q When should I have a breast nodule biopsy done?
- Q How will I find out the results of my breast biopsy?
- Q How can I manage pain after a breast biopsy?
- Q What information is determined from a breast tumor biopsy?
- Q What is a breast cancer grade?
- Q What are the possible results from a breast biopsy?