After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q What should I expect after a core needle biopsy of my breast?
- Q What is a breast cancer grade?
- Q How should I prepare for a core needle biopsy of my breast?
- Q What is a fine needle breast biopsy?
- Q How can I prevent constipation after a breast biopsy?
- Q What should I expect during a breast biopsy?