After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q What are the benefits of a core needle biopsy for breast cancer diagnosis?
- Q How does my doctor diagnose Phyllodes tumors?
- Q How will I find out the results of my breast biopsy?
- Q What changes to my breast should I expect after a breast biopsy?
- Q How is a breast aspiration biopsy performed?
- Q What does it mean if my breast cancer biopsy is negative?