After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q How is a core needle biopsy used to diagnose breast cancer?
- Q When should I call my doctor after a breast biopsy?
- Q What changes to my breast should I expect after a breast biopsy?
- Q Can a needle biopsy cause breast cancer to spread?
- Q How is a stereotactic needle biopsy for breast cancer diagnosis performed?
- Q What is a fine needle breast biopsy?