After having a breast biopsy performed the patient should avoid heavy lifting on the affected side. To prevent bleeding and a hematoma, try to refrain from lifting the arm above the shoulder for 2 weeks. Ice compression is useful to reduce swelling and edema. Also, keep the incision site dry for several days to reduce risks of skin infection. Our patients are taken off Advil, Motrin, and ASA prior to surgery for 72 hours and continued for 1 week after.
- Q What are the different kinds of breast biopsies?
- Q How is a stereotactic needle biopsy for breast cancer diagnosis performed?
- Q What questions should I ask about my negative biopsy?
- Q How is a breast aspiration biopsy performed?
- Q What are the types of breast cancer biopsies?
- Q What should I expect before a breast biopsy?