When should I call the doctor after a muscle biopsy?

Deborah Davis
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
The laboratory results from a muscle biopsy take about 1-2 weeks to be completed by the pathologist.  These results are faxed to your referring physician for analysis.  In general, you should follow-up with him or her in regard to an explanation and further treatment.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Biopsy

How is a breast biopsy performed?
Dr. Preya Ananthakrishnan, MDDr. Preya Ananthakrishnan, MD
A doctor can usually perform a needle biopsy in the office. A local anesthetic is injected into the ...
What is a colposcopy and cervical biopsy?
I have had several, so let me walk you through it. You lie down on the exam table like you do for a ...
When would a testicular biopsy be performed in diagnosing male infertility?
Natan Bar-Chama, MDNatan Bar-Chama, MD
A testicular biopsy is performed when a semen analysis shows a very low number of sperm or no sp...
How can endometrial biopsies predict the chances of successful pregnancy?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
After ovulation the lining to the womb or endometrium, prepares for implantation of the fertilized e...