Is extrahepatic bile duct cancer serious?

Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is rare and very serious. Since it is usually diagnosed after the cancer has advanced, treatment options may be limited. Surgery is the best possible option, but even then, if the surgery fails to remove all the cancerous tissue, the outcome is not good. Between 2 to 30 percent of those treated for extrahepatic bile duct cancer survive at least five years after surgery depending on the extent of the cancer at the time of surgery.

Continue Learning about Bile Duct Cancer, Extrahepatic

How do I care for someone with extrahepatic bile duct cancer?
Caring for someone with extrahepatic bile duct cancer could be daunting. Extrahepatic bile duct canc...
Is extrahepatic bile duct cancer life-threatening?
Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is a rare condition that is often already in advanced stages when it i...
Should I be worried about extrahepatic bile duct cancer?
Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is a very rare disease. Unless you currently suffer liver diseases and...
How many people suffer from extrahepatic bile duct cancer?
Extrahepatic bile duct cancer in not a common disease. In the United States, between 2,000 to 3,000 ...