What is extrahepatic bile duct cancer?

Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the tiny tubes, or ducts, that connect the small intestine, gall bladder, and liver. These ducts, which transport bile to aid in the digestion food, are outside of the liver (extrahepatic) as opposed to other ducts that are inside the liver (intrahepatic). Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is very hard to detect. It is a rare disease and once a diagnosis it made, the symptoms are usually already advanced, making the cancer very difficult to treat.

Continue Learning about Bile Duct Cancer, Extrahepatic

Should I be worried about extrahepatic bile duct cancer?
Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is a very rare disease. Unless you currently suffer liver diseases and...
How do I care for someone with extrahepatic bile duct cancer?
Caring for someone with extrahepatic bile duct cancer could be daunting. Extrahepatic bile duct canc...
What is bile duct cancer?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Bile duct cancer is a type of cancer that forms in a bile duct. A bile duct is a tube that carries b...
What is the rate of incidence for extrahepatic bile duct cancer?
Extrahepatic bile duct cancer is rare, affecting only 2,000 to 3,000 people per year in the United S...