Can my benign paroxysmal positional vertigo return after it's been treated?

Treatment options such as the Epley maneuver can successfully treat symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. However, BPPV can occur again. Your doctor may suggest surgery to prevent persistent symptoms of BPPV. You may also need to see a specialist such as an audiologist or an ears, nose, throat, head, and neck doctor (ENT).

Continue Learning about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)

How should I prepare for my doctor's appoint about my BPPV symptoms?
To help your doctor better understand and diagnose your symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional ver...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with BPPV?
Vertigo can be frightening. It's important to understanding that symptoms related to benign paroxysm...
What is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo?
Hearing loss is not a common symptom of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. If you experience ...
How is BPPV different from other types of vertigo?
BPPV is different from other forms of vertigo because it is caused by calcium particles within the e...