How should I prepare for my doctor's appoint about my BPPV symptoms?

To help your doctor better understand and diagnose your symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, prefer a list of symptoms and the circumstances preceding an episode of vertigo. It's a good idea to prepare a list of questions you may have about your symptoms to discuss with your doctor. You may also want to ask a friend or relative to accompany you, particular someone who may have been present during your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)

What is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo?
Hearing loss is not a common symptom of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. If you experience ...
What might cause me to get dizzy when I bend over?
Dr. Howard E. Lewine, MDDr. Howard E. Lewine, MD
You most likely have a condition called benign parxosymal positional vertigo. Benign means the cond...
How is BPPV different from other types of vertigo?
BPPV is different from other forms of vertigo because it is caused by calcium particles within the e...
What is benign positional vertigo (BPV)?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Benign positional vertigo is a very common inner ear disturbance that causes spinning vertigo when l...